Lowell invites you on a personal pilgrimage of prayer that will radically change the way you view this key discipline of the Christian life.
Tom Elliff - Senior Vice-President for Spiritual Nurture and Church Relations - International Mission Board of the SBC.
I appreciate the practicality of your Prayer Guide because many prayer leaders do not know the first step toward facilitating a prayer experience that really connects people to God.
National Pastors' Prayer Network (NPPN.org)
see more testimonials at www.leadingprayer.com
Many say that this is the most practical book of leading prayer they've ever seen. Look at the table of contents below and you'll see that there are twenty-six chapters of insight and instruction on virtually any prayer leadership situation you might encounter. From saying a prayer before a little league game or in a hospital room to guiding a prayer time for thousands, this is the book you need. It's divided into five parts to facilitate teaching and there's a study guide with discussion questions at the end of each chapter.
Table of Contents
- PART ONE - Prayer Basics
- Talking With God - God's Ultimate Goal
- Desperate for an Encounter with God - Our Ultimate Need
- Help! - Let Your Requests be Made Known...
- Three Ways to Conduct Public Prayer -Saying, Leading, & Guiding
- The Progression of Prayer - Preparation>Salutation>Petition>Benediction
- PART TWO - Saying & Leading Public Prayer
- Saying a Prayer in Public - Sporting Events, Civic Clubs, etc.
- Saying an Opening or Closing Prayer - Meetings, Classes, etc.
- Saying a Prayer During a Worship Service - Offertory, Benediction, etc.
- Saying a Prayer in Times of Tragedy - Disaster, Unexpected Death, etc.
- Leading a Round-Robin Prayer Time - Bible Study Class, Retreats, Prayer Ministry Groups, etc.
- PART THREE - Prayer Guide Techniques
- Prayer by Suggestion - The Tool of a Prayer Guide
- Topical Praying - Conversational Prayer
- Scriptural Meditation - The Meditation of My Heart...
- Biblical Visualization - Worth More Than a 1,000 Words
- Prayer Requests - Keeping the Main Thing the Main Thing
- PART FOUR - Guiding Group Prayer
- Guiding a Prayer Walk - Topical Prayer in Motion
- Guiding a Short Prayer Time with a Small Group - Bible Study & Home Group Prayer
- Guiding an Extended Prayer Meeting with a Small Group - Prayer Ministry & Other Prayer Meetings
- Guiding a Short Prayer Time with a Large Group - Mid-week Service to Large Meetings
- Guiding an Extended Prayer Meeting with a Large Group - Solemn assembly, Congregational Call to Prayer
- PART FIVE - Guiding Prayer in Worship
- All God’s People Want to Pray - A Pilgrimage of Prayer
- The Posture of Prayer - Body Language Speaks Your Heart
- Cell Phones in the Throne Room - Stop Interrupting God
- The Forgotten Altar of Prayer - Empowered by Holy Fire
- Prayer, the Heart of Worship - Revival of Congregational Prayer
- Guiding a Worship Service Prayer Time - House of Prayer
Your total risk free price - Only $12.95
Click Here to order your Prayer Guide book and receive this free shipping offer.
Payment accepted by check or credit card.
The free shipping offer for church libraries is good through Nov.'08, only applies to the perfect bound Prayer Guide book, is not valid outside the USA, and is only available through this ad.
Limited money back guarantee - If you are not satisfied with the Prayer Guide book; contact Stonehouse Creations at www.leadingprayer.com and we'll gladly send you a full refund. You'll keep the book. Only one book covered by the money back guarantee. Multiple books may be returned in new condition for full refund at purchaser's expense.
>Please forward this email to other librarians who could benefit from this special offer.<
Chapters related to specific types of prayer begin with a Biblical overview of the issues then present practical step by step suggestions on how to lead the prayer or prayer time. Check lists are included and there’s even an Index to help you locate particular issues when new prayer leadership opportunities arise or a refresher is needed.
- If you’re new to prayer leadership and have been asked to say a prayer at some function; the first two sections will help you prepare.
- If you need to lead an effective prayer time with a group; sections three and four will guide you from preparation to benediction.
- If you’re a minister seeking to bring prayer to the heart of worship; sections three and five will be most helpful to you.
Here's a brief description of each section:
Part One – Prayer Basics: These chapters introduce enlightening principles that underlie public and group prayer. Here, you’ll begin learning the nuts and bolts of public prayer.
Part Two – Saying & Leading Public Prayer: This section is written for those who want to pray in public confidently and authentically. From saying a prayer at a sporting event to leading a simple group prayer time, each chapter can stand alone as a reference for a particular kind of public prayer.
Part Three – Group Prayer Techniques: If a prayer leader is to graduate to being a prayer guide , he or she must learn to guide others into the Lord’s presence. With the techniques taught in these chapters; any prayer event can become an encounter with God.
Part Four – Guiding Group Prayer: From leading a prayer walk to guiding a large congregation in prayer for an hour or more, these chapters help you apply the techniques learned in Part 3.
Part Five – Guiding Prayer in Worship: The greatest need in many churches today is meaningful congregational prayer at the heart of worship. Applying the prayer guide concepts and techniques to this vital area of church life will return congregational prayer to its rightful place.
This truly is the manual of prayer leadership that every servant of God needs and every church should have in their library.
If you don't have access to the internet, please use the form below and mail your order to:
Prairie Grove, AR 72753-0500
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Special Prayer Guide book offer for church libraries (offer #1108)
Free Shipping and Limited Money back Guarantee
Name of Church _______________________________________________ Date ________________
church email address _______________________________________________________________
church phone # ________________________________ Fax ________________________________
Name of church librarian _____________________________________________________________
Number of perfect bound Prayer Guide books: ________ x $12.95 = ___________________________
Check # ___________ included in the amount of $_________________
Please bill the church: _______
Please forward or print this web page for your church librarian.
From saying a prayer before a little league game or in a hospital room to guiding a prayer time for many or few; this book provides the nuts and bolts of saying, leading, and guiding prayer.
Sometimes you come across a book that meets a need so well; you find yourself asking, "Why didn't somebody write this a long time ago?" We're so sure you'll find Prayer Guide to be that kind of book that we're paying the shipping and giving you a money back guarantee. There's no risk. If you're not completely satisfied; you'll get a full refund and keep the book.