Prayer Conference Promotional DVD - Free
The Journey Into the Presence of God prayer conference is so unique that many struggle to understand what it is. If you're considering hosting the conference; the Promo DVD is a big step toward solving that problem. It contains three segments.
- Click here to view the one minute publicity video suitable for promotions during a worship service
- Click here to view the seven minute preview of the conference that's great for showing to church leadership.
- Click here to view the seven minute explanation of the conference by Lowell Snow.
To order the DVD, click the 'add to cart' button. One per church please.
Mid-Week Makeover by Lowell Snow
Frequently I’m asked, “What can we do about our Mid-week prayer meeting?” Some wonder if this icon of church prayer should be sacrificed for more ‘user-friendly’ programs and by my observations, about 40% of mid-sized churches have done just that. Is it too late to save the mid-week prayer service in your church? I don’t think so, but it needs an Extreme Makeover. ‘Are you with me on this? We can do this people!’
Examine the Problem?
Extreme Makeover – Home Edition has become a phenomenon of prime time TV. In this celebration of American ingenuity and generosity; a struggling family with a crumbling home is surprised by a big bus and a lunatic with a bull horn. They are instantly filled with joy because they know that in just one week all their housing worries will be over. But before the family can leave on their extreme vacation; they lead the design team on an evaluation tour of their current housing malfunction.
Years ago, somebody gave me a new fangeled wrench with a unique head that was supposed to be one-size-fits-all. It worked – sort of, but the head wouldn’t fit in small spaces and it didn’t grip tight enough for really stubborn bolts. It quickly settled to the bottom of my tool box and out of use.
The mid-week prayer service has the same inherent design flaw - it tries to be a one-size-fits-all meeting. It’s the pastor's Bible class, congregational call to prayer, and prayer ministry all rolled into one fifty minute package. Very efficient, but doesn’t accomplish any of those tasks very well.
Plan your Makeover to Meets Needs.
My son-in-law participated in one of those Extreme Home Makeovers. It all looks so spontaneous on TV, but he knew exactly when and what he was going to do months before the family was surprised by a bull horn in the front yard. How? A team of designers had considered the family’s request for help and planned a new home to meet their needs long before ‘that bus’ showed up. And that’s the key to the huge success of that show. Just building a house in a week would get old fast. It’s really about meeting the needs of deserving people isn’t it?
Before you start your extreme makeover of the mid-week service, you need a design based on purpose. Ask yourself, “What do we really need to accomplish?” Should it be a mid-week retreat for soldiers of the cross, or a ministry of prayer for the needs on the church prayer list? A great meeting can be built on either of these foundations, but not both.
Build your Makeover on a solid foundation.
The two basic foundations for mid-week prayer service are prayer meeting and prayer ministry. Some ‘demolition’ will be necessary in both and unlike the TV show; you can’t send the family away while you do it. Remember, even the folks that are deeply committed to the mid-week prayer service want it to be better. That’s the goal so continually remind that the makeover will result not only in more prayer, but better prayer. Here are some suggestions for both formats:
1. Prayer Meeting - An hour of power and spiritual refreshing for those who attend. This format will meet the needs of more people, but should not be used to the exclusion of a prayer ministry.
- Surrender the church prayer list – The first step is to give the church prayer list to a prayer ministry that meets at some other time.
- Give prayer priority – Generally, in a ‘prayer’ meeting, the Bible study is just a short devotional and most of the meeting is devoted to prayer.
- Plan with purpose – Plan the prayer time to focus on the people who attend – their personal needs and needs outside themselves that they feel some connection with.
- Limit requests – If you have a prayer request time, put limits on it. Explain the meeting’s purpose regularly and ask that requests conform to it. (chapter 15)*
- Use scripture and suggestion – Begin the prayer time with scriptural meditation and prayer by suggestion to guide them into silent encounters with God. This should include thanksgiving, praise, confession, and private issues. (Chapters 11 & 13)*
- Use topical prayer – Teach them how to use this conversational technique to pray in agreement for Kingdom needs both local and worldwide. (Chapters 12 & 17-19)*
- Pray for each other – Divide the group into smaller groups to pray for one another. (Look for ‘huddle groups’ on pages 101, 113, & 116)*
2. Prayer Ministry - If the faithful folks who attend your mid-week service are the only group in the church devoted to prayer then you’ll do well to help them morph into a functioning prayer ministry.
- Recruit a Prayer Coordinator – Find a prayer warrior with the gift of administration and put them in charge of the church prayer list.
- Focus on the list - Throw out or reduce the devotional and other time consumers and devote yourselves to praying for every need on the list. If it’s long, separate into smaller groups and divide it up.
- Upgrade the list –Each entry on the prayer ministry list should have: all the details of the request, dates for when it was first received and last updated, an address for the person in need, and a number to call for updates. Create a smaller edited list to give the congregation on Sunday.
- Update the list – Keep the list fresh with frequent updates. Remove needs that have been answered or can’t be updated.
- Make the list personal – Connect the prayer team with the people on the list. Include time for each of them to write brief notes to two or three of the people they’ve prayed for. Keep track so everyone on the prayer list is contacted periodically. The church should provide post cards and postage.
- Plan the prayer time – Don’t get in a rut. Use the Prayer Guide principles and techniques. (Chapters 11-20)*
- Advertise – Make the community aware of the prayer ministry and how to contact it.
Have a Great ‘Reveal’
The ‘reveal’ makes it all worthwhile. Righteous prayer warriors, praying in agreement with Jesus, will see results. Don’t keep those victories secret. Brag on them and Jesus every chance you get.
* “You can do this, we can help.” If you don’t already have the Prayer Guide book and conference CDs, I encourage you to take advantage of the discounts available in this newsletter. Also, don’t hesitate to contact me with any question.
Some things you can do to help us:
- Pray for book sales as we attempt to reach a broader audience.
- Pray for our safety as we travel to conferences.
- Pray that we find our way through all the doors God is opening.
I'm so excited that we're able to make this combination available to you at such an affordable price. The combination of reading the book and listening to the CDs is going to make it so much easier for you to apply the principles and techniques. Please don't miss this opportunity. If you've already got the book and CDs, why not get the combo for someone who doesn't. For instance, if you know a missionary, we've found that the Prayer Guide way of leading prayer is very well received on the mission field.
Specials just for our Newsletter subscribers!
plus Free Shipping till Christmas
(Free shipping applied at checkout. If your charged shipping for these items, we'll refund it with the order.)
Friends, you just won't have a better opportunity to get these materials.
All 5 Conference Sessions on 3 CDs - Just $10
New perfect bound Prayer Guide book - Just $12
Or get both for an unbelievable $20 !!!
These discounts will only last till Christmas '07!
Arkansas residents will be charged sales tax.
Provide a book & 3-CD set to an overseas ministry for just $25
This summer we've had requests for free materials from many small overseas missions and ministries. Twenty-four from just one city in West Africa. I've done what I can, but need some help. If you'd like to donate a book and CD-Set to one of these ministers, I'll send the materials and send you a confirmation of your donation and name of the person or ministry you've helped.
If you want to designate a missionary anywhere in the world, just give us their name and address with the order.
You have two options for donating:
- By Check - Send a $25 check to: Lowell Snow Ministries, Overseas Prayer Guide, P.O.Box 500, Prairie Grove, AR 72753.
- By Credit Card - Click on this 'donate' button.
This is the new Prayer Guide book in paperback. It's the same great book, just a new cover and binding. The new spiral and unbound versions are available through our online store.
We continue to have great response to the Journey Into the Presence of God conference of prayer. The picture above was taken during the Sunday morning commitment to daily devotions at the First Baptist Church of Little Rock, AR. Interim pastor Don Moore was excited about the spiritual response of the people. He told me that one long time member said to him after the call to prayer on Saturday night that she 'felt the beginnings of revival'.
Here's our conference schedule for Dec-Feb:
- December 9-10 at First Baptist of Corning, AR
- January 6-7 at Second Baptist of West Helena, AR
- January 19-20 at First Baptist of Harrison, AR
- January 27-? at First Baptist of Ferguson, MO (St Louis)
- February 10-? at Freeman Heights Baptist in Berryville, AR
Our summer began with a bang as we sent broadcast emails to 10,000 pastors and internet ads to 100,000 churches. We felt that the Lord wanted us to extend the Prayer Guide message to a broader audience and it definitely accomplished that. We spent a couple of weeks responding to requests for the free promotional DVD from all over the country and around the world. The DVD is on every continent now except Antarctica. I got the following email this week from a young pastor/school teacher in Ghana West Africa:
...greetings in the name of the Lord. I was glad when I received the DVD Promo and the CD on prayer...I received a lot of lessons that I can impart to the church I pastor...I love to pray but your sermon has really help me to see prayer from a better perspective…(He then included the whole outline from the CD)...Please pastor keep praying for me...my family...for Ghana...
Over 20 African and Indian pastors have requested more materials. If you’d like to provide a book and CD-Set for one of these men, Click Here for more information.
We've sold the first printing of the Prayer Guide book and the 2nd printing is now available. (see special price below) It looks a little different on the outside, but it's the same book. I’m hoping to accomplish a couple of things with this printing:
- I changed the cover because people always thought that the book was a prayer guide. What I hope the new cover communicates is that the book helps the reader become a prayer guide.
- I’ve printed a much larger quantity which will make it possible to market through book sellers like Amazon.com
The Nebraska/Kansas Baptist Convention bought fifty of the books to promote to their pastors and churches. That's our largest single purchase to date. Several churches have done conference follow-up studies of the book with good success. Also, I'm teaching the book on Wednesday nights at the University Baptist Church in Fayetteville, AR. The Fall session is about over and they haven't set the starting date for the Spring semester.
Our family is happy and well, praise the Lord. We thank you for your prayers.